If you love using Google Chrome like I do, you will like the Screen Capture tool developed by Google. There are times when we need to capture / screenshot a visible portion of a web page, or may be the entire web page itself. If you use the Print Screen feature on your computer, you will not be able to scroll and capture a webpage, but it can only capture what is visible right on the screen. But with the Screen Capture tool for Google Chrome, you can make screenshots of a web page capturing whichever areas you want to on the displayed page, by scrolling horizontally and vertically, as you like.
How to Get Screen Capture Tool for Chrome
You can download the Screen Capture tool for Google Chrome from the Chrome web store for free.
Click here to access Chrome Web Store (you may be required to login to Google Chrome using your Gmail)
Click on the “Add to Chrome” button. This will add Screen Capture Extension to your Google Chrome.
Features of Screen Capture Tool
- You can capture all visible content in a Google Chrome tab, selected region of a web page or the whole page and save it as PNG or JPEG images.
- You can scroll horizontally and vertically to capture an entire page or larger portion of a page easily.
- Tool can detect and capture floating objects like popups, etc. easily.
- It can work on Windows, Mac and Linux computers
- You can copy the captured images to Windows and Linux clipboard
- You can edit captured images (Highlight, add texts, etc.)
- Ability to Auto-save captured images
- You can use customizable hotkeys (shortcuts)
- You can also share the captured image on Facebook, Picassa, etc.
Using Screen Capture Tool
After you add Screen Capture tool to your Google Chrome, you can use it either by using the hotkeys or by clicking on the Screen Capture tool icon appearing at the top, along side of the address bar.
You can use this extension / tool in “Incognito” mode by enabling it here:
Type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” (without quotes) and click Enter
Look for Screen Capture extension in the list | Tick “Allow in incognito”
You can customize the hotkeys and other options by clicking on the Screen Capture icon and then Options.
- Capture Page Region: Ctrl+Alt+R
- Capture Visible Content: Ctrl+Alt+V
- Capture Whole Page: Ctrl+Alt+H
- Capture Screen Region: Ctrl+Alt+P