Using Pushme.to is as easy as sending an SMS on your phone. Launch the Pushme.to app and click on the white color arrow at the top right corner, enter the nickname/ username of your friend and compose and hit blue color arrow below the message. The message is instantly sent and a pop up appears on the recepient's phone as long as there is push notification enabled. Similarly, anyone can send a message to you, even if they don't have an iPhone. Give out your pushme.to unique URL- pushme.to/username- and ask your friend to type that in any of their browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, etc or a mobile browser on whichever the phone they use. All they need to provide is a random nick name and compose a message, click PUSH. The message will be instantly delivered to your iPhone! I use this app to communicate with my friends in various countries, most of them don't use iPhone at all!
- It has an amzingly clean and uncluttered layout and interface.
- You can send or receive instant messages or images to and from an iPhone or any browser for free.
- You can instantly communicate with friends with or without iPhone.
- Registration is so simple, just provide a user name and password, you are ready to go.
- No registration is required if your friend wants to send you messages from a browser.
I love this application. I've been using it since the release of it in 2009. I mainly use it to communicate with people who doesn't have an iPhone and because of its ability to continue the conversation on my Laptop once I'm back home. All it needs is to go to pushme.to/myname and log in. I can see my conversation and all the chat history from web. I can continue to chat from my computer and also from iPhone. iPhone and browser is always in sync. No messages are missed! The app used to cost S$2.99 in the past, but now its sold free. I recommend you to try this.