iOS 5.1.1 fixes bugs in Safari where maliciously crafted website may be able to spoof the address in the location bar. This security fix is believed to solve a vulnerability where a malicious website could redirect the user to a spoofed site that visually appeared to be a legitimate domain and leading to phishing. Following are the other main bug fixes made in the iOS 5.1.1;
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For those people who has an iOS device which is not jailbroken, the new update can be installed without any worry. But for those have a jailbroken iOS device, you may want to ensure that you have the latest version of RedSn0w. According to an article posted by RedSn0w, iOS 5.1.1 update does not cause much trouble and can continue to enjoy your jailbroken device.
Updating your iOS device is pretty easy. All you have to do is to Tap on Setttings >> General >> Software Update >> Tap on Install Now.
Do you find this information useful? Why don't you tell your friends by sharing it on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter. You can also follow me on Twitter @sarayoo.info or Google+ or Like me on my Facebook for more updates, technology tips and tricks, iPhone, iPad, other iOS devices tips, etc. Please leave your comments in the comment section or contact me if you have any other questions.
Stuck with a problem with your Computer? iPhone or iPad? Or any other Tech Questions? Send your Questions by Clicking here...