You must ensure the following before you begin:
- Your computer and the remote computer must be part of a domain or a workgroup
- You must know the IP Address of the remote computer
- You must have the login credentials for the remote computer and the login credential must be part of the Administrators group on the remote computer.
- You may want to ensure that your Firewall allows "Remote Scheduled Tasks Management" - Screenshot below.
Creating or Managing a Scheduled Task on a Remote Computer
- Open Task Scheduler Windows Interface (On Windows 7: Start | Type "Task Scheduler" in search field.)
- Right click on Task Scheduler | Click on "Connect to Another Computer"
- Supply the IP Address of the remote PC | Select "Connect as another user:" and click on "Set User"
- Enter the username and password for the remote PC you want to connect to.
You now have access to the Tasks Scheduler in the remote PC and are able create new tasks or manipulate the existing taks on the remote PC.
Do you find this information useful? Why don't you tell your friends by sharing it on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter. You can also follow me on Twitter @sarayoo.info or Google+ or Like me on my Facebook or on my LinkedIn for more updates, technology tips and tricks, iPhone, iPad, other iOS devices tips, iOS App Deals, Blogging tips, etc. Please leave your comments in the comment section or contact me if you have any other questions.